Hilton Mierau Award of Excellence in Off-Campus Learning
Nominations for 2018 are now open.
If your school's Off-Campus Coordinator is a champion of off-campus programs and inspires students to explore careers, demonstrates innovation in promoting programs, and know the industries involved inside and out -please consider nominating him or her for this award.
Nomination Criteria & Key Attributes
• Works directly with CAREERS in the promotion of one or more of our programs
• Designated for off-campus programing at an Alberta school
• Knowledge of the industries involved in off-campus programing
• Demonstrates innovation in advocating off-campus learning programs within schools and the community
• Inspires students to take on new challenges, explore careers and research their full potential
• Nominator must obtain the consent of the nominee prior to submission
To submit an eligible nomination, you must provide all of the following information.
1. Complete the nomination and consent form
2. Provide a letter of support written by yourself (the nominator) – Commentary
3. Provide one (1) additional letter of support by another individual (Student/Parent, School Administrator, Employer etc.)
A three-person external selection committee will be appointed by CAREERS to review applications and recommend two recipients.
Questions or Comments
CAREERS: The Next Generation Head Office
#204, 10470 – 176 Street NW, Edmonton, AB T5S 1L3 Phone: 780-426-3414
Toll free: 1-888-757-7172 www.nextgen.org
Notice of Collection and Use of Personal Information – Personal information provided on this nomination form, letters of support, and discussions with the nominator and supporters would be used by the Hilton Mierau Award of Excellence in Off-Campus Learning (the award) selection committee to administer the award. If you are selected for the award, CAREERS: The Next Generation (CAREERS) will use the information contained in the nomination package to feature your accomplishments in a variety of media, including the CAREERS website, new releases, and other promotional material to publicize the award in the current and subsequent years. All personal information is collected in compliance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. For more information about the collection, use and disclosure of personal information, please contact: Privacy Officer, CAREERS: The Next Generation,
#204, 10470 – 176 Street NW, Edmonton, AB, T5S 1L3, 780-426-3414