Loraine Anderton Award of Excellence in Health Services - STUDENT
Nominations for 2018 are now open.
If you have observed and/or worked with a promising intern who should be recognized for their contributions to the CAREERS Health Services Youth Initiative, please review and complete the nomination.
Please note: If you would like to nominate a mentor in addition to an intern, you must complete the “Loraine Anderton Award of Excellence in Health Services – Mentor Online Nomination Form”. Nominating both a mentor and an intern is not necessary.
Complete the Online Nomination Form - STUDENT
Student Selection Criteria
Student in Health Services Selection Criteria
- Student has participated in a summer CAREERS Health Internship program in the previous school year.
- Key attributes of an outstanding student include:
- Enthusiasm– acts as an organized, responsible, and energetic team player willing to commit to the tasks and activities related to the internship role.
- Professionalism–demonstrates employability skills that reflected the work environment in terms of cooperativeness, initiative, and reliability.
- Active learner– listens attentively to direction, following instructions to and completing tasks assigned by their supervisors, to enhance workplace skills.
- Engaged– incorporates the learning outcomes of the health internship to help define their individual career pathway in health services.
- Employability Skills Demonstration- demonstrates increased awareness and application of the Conference Board of Canada’s employability skills profile of foundational skills, personal management skills, and team skills required to be an effective health care worker.
- Received comments that illustrate how the attributes of the student health intern impacted and/or benefitted the organization and/or speak to the goals of the CAREERS Health Services Youth Initiative.
- Nominator must obtain the consent of the nominee prior to submission.
To submit an eligible nomination, you must provide all of the following information. You may print or type your answers on a separate document & include this in the nomination package.
- Complete the nomination and consent form
- Provide a letter of support written by yourself (the nominator) – Commentary
- Provide one (1) additional letter of support by another individual (Student/Parent, School Administrator, Employer, etc.)
A three-person external selection committee will be appointed by CAREERS to review applications and recommend four (4) recipients - two Northern Alberta (including Red Deer) and two Southern Alberta.
Questions or Comments
CAREERS: The Next Generation Head Office
#204, 10470 – 176 Street NW, Edmonton, AB T5S 1L3 Phone: 780-426-3414
Toll free: 1-888-757-7172 www.nextgen.org