Canada Summer Job - Wage Subsidy Program (Deadline for applications is February 2nd, 2018)
Canada Summer Jobs provides funding to help employers create summer job opportunities for students. It is designed to focus on local priorities, while helping both students and their communities.
Canada Summer Jobs:
- provides work experiences for students
- supports organizations, including those that provide important community services; and
- recognizes that local circumstances, community needs and priorities vary widely
Canada Summer Jobs provides funding to not-for-profit organizations, public-sector employers and small businesses with 50 or fewer employees to create summer job opportunities for young people aged 15 to 30 years who are full-time students intending to return to their studies in the next school year.
STEP is a 4-16 week wage subsidy program that provides funding to eligible Alberta employers to hire high school or post-secondary students into summer jobs from May to August. The application deadline is February 9, 2018.
Benefits to hiring high school students:
- High enthusiasm for learning and exploring opportunities.
- Bring a valuable youth perspective to your workplace.
- Potential future employees
- High School students provide you with Access to your Future Workforce.
- Show community support and engagement by supporting local youth. Help them have a good option to live-work-play locally and build community capacity for the future.
- High School students earn credits towards graduation.
- Gaining valuable experience by exploring career options in the work place while earning credits can give high schools students the focus and determination needed to stay in school and focus on achieving graduation.
- Overview of application process
- MTS Application sample
- MTS Employer Application sample
- MyTradesecrets online application