The Future of Trades
Registered Apprenticeship Program and Career & Technology Studies Scholarship Celebration ...the future of trades
Hosted by CAREERS: The Next Generation, on behalf of Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training, "The Future of Trades" annual reception and awards evening celebrates the success of Registered Apprenticeship Program (RAP) and Career & Technology Studies (CTS) Scholarship Recipients.
Scholarship students go above and beyond in their trades internships and apprenticeships, and it is important to acknowledge their extraordinary dedication and drive. These individuals, along with their families, employers and educators are invited to join us to recognize their achievement in a formal awards presentation.
This high-profile event is well attended by industry leaders, employers, government and deputy ministers, and various representatives from Alberta's education system.
For a full listing of recipients, visit Tradesecrets RAP Recipients 2017
For a full listing of high schools, visit Tradesecrets High School Recipients 2017
Friday, November 17, 2017
6:00 pm - Reception (stand-up, dinner style), cash bar. Students - visit exhibitor tables and enter to win.
7:00 pm - Celebration & Awards
Delta Hotels Edmonton South Conference Centre
4404 Gateway Boulevard NW
How to claim your Scholarship:
Check out last years' FACEBOOK Photo Album
Interested in receiving the RAP/CTS Scholarship next year?
Here's how to qualify...
A RAP student must:
- be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, and a resident of Alberta as defined by Alberta Scholarship Programs;
- have completed the requirements for a high school diploma in June or earlier;
- be registered as an Alberta apprentice in a trade while still attending high school;
- have completed a minimum of 250 hours of on-the-job training and work experience in your trade;
- be continuing in an approved regular apprenticeship program;
- have NOT been awarded a RAP Scholarship previously; and have at least one period of technical training remaining.